Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Dead Poet's Society


My favorite poem that I’ve ever written was inspired by watching Dead Poet’s Society. These are long clips, so you don’t have to watch the whole thing but I highly recommend watching the movie if you haven’t.





I have a hard time with poetry. I enjoy it, but I have a hard time understanding it. I love the idea of feeling the poem and ‘ripping out’ all the scientific parts of analyzing it. Now of course that’s the whole point of this week in my literature class; to analyze poetry. And yet, I would rather rip it out.

Instead, I suppose I’ll look up some poetry terms and figure out what they mean.




3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie but this made me want to watch it. "Rip! Rip! Rip!" You can't give poems greatness scores based on perfection and importance. I don't think my enjoyment and understanding would grow based on that, it would grow from reading the poems for what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie either, but it's on my list now! It looks funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! My freshman English teacher in high school actually made us stand on our desks just like Mr. Keating.

    ReplyDelete