Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Red Dirt Bride

I am truly amazed at how many subgenres there are in nonfiction. So many that I didn't realize a lot of what I enjoy reading is nonfiction. It usually falls under the ever expanding category of blog posts. Especially as a soon-to-be mom, I love me some mommy blogs!

But what I also didn't realize is that I write nonfiction for a living. How did I not know that, right?

Let me explain. I am a freelance writer for a blog called, The Red Dirt Bride. I write two types of posts. One type is advice in a series called Between the Rings which is everything a bride needs to know to plan her wedding from engagement to "I Do." I'm not entirely sure how to categorize the second type. It's a mix of sort of biography, journalism, and just plain old blog post. These posts are called Real Weddings. I get photo submissions from wedding photographers and then write a post about the wedding based on the photos. (Click on the Real Weddings link above to see what I mean.)




I love my job, and I love writing. I'm just surprised to realize how much I love writing nonfiction.

Below is an excerpt from one of my more recent posts in the Between the Rings series. I'd love to hear what you think.



1 comment:

  1. Dude your Between the Rings post was great. And I love your job. How did you land it? Any chance they could use a single girl like me?

    ReplyDelete