Thursday, May 16, 2013

Personal Reflection on the past 16 days in ENGL 251


Let’s look back, wa-ay back in the term when we started these blog posts..I believe my first post was May 1 ( a whole 16 days ago). In that post I outlined my personal, outside of class, learning plan to fulfill the learning outcomes. This is roughly what it said:

1.Know basic literary terms and methods - Write about texts I read and use the literary terms I’ve learned
2.Know basic literary genres and representative texts- Read literature from the basic genres so I can know texts for each.
3.Write literary arguments- Practice writing arguments on the blog
4.Engage literature creatively and socially- By blogging about it in creative ways (blogging in itself is social)
5.Use emerging communication tools and pedagogical methods - Teach what I’m learning in a social media platform (the blog) which is an emerging communication tool.

So the question now is, how did I do on these outcomes in the past 16 days. In the following list, I've categorized all my blog posts into their corresponding learning outcome. Click on all the happy links and enjoy. (Some posts overlap into several outcomes.)

1.Know basic literary terms and methods 


2.Know basic literary genres and representative texts

3.Write literary arguments

4.Engage literature creatively and socially

5.Use emerging communication tools and pedagogical methods
  • I linked to my personal blog in Analyze Yourself, which is an emerging communication tool.
  • I used videos of spoken poetry in my post Life's not a paragraph...
  • I used video clips from The Dead Poet's Society to make a point about analyzing in my post The Dead Poet's Society.
  • Here are a few posts that I had a good conversation through comments: this one and this one and this one.
  • With the other contributors of this blog, I taught my English class about analyzing fiction through a jeopardy game.
  • Additionally, all the posts I did were on an emerging communication site (this blog).


As far as assignments go, I have done all the common readings, as well as readings on my own. This is my Personal Literary Narrative and this is my Poetry adaption analysis. The post you're reading is my midterm reflection post.

Questions? Comments? Cupcakes?


No comments:

Post a Comment