Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Midsummer Night

I saw A Midsummer Night's Dream in the park and was very pleased with the performance. I often have a difficult time when it comes to reading Shakespeare - it's hard for me to battle through the tough language and become invested in the story when I'm doing it on my own. But having others performing in front of me makes it way easier! I know the actors care about the story, and their hard work makes me want to care about it too. Not to mention things like body language, vocal intonation, and facial expressions bring Shakespeare's sometimes difficult words to life.
I also love being part of an audience and sharing the viewing experience with the people around me. Laughing with the rest of the audience through A Midsummer Night's Dream definitely added to the fun of the comedy.
All in all, I would almost always rather watch a piece of drama than read it, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to do so with this particular work.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that reading a play before or after seeing it performed improves the overall experience?

    ReplyDelete