Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Plan

So after taking that preliminary test I realized I know a lot less about poetry and literary terms than I thought. Throughout the term I hope to work on those things specifically as well as polish some other literary areas such as the use of grammar and diction. I feel that I am able to pick up on literary themes fairly well so that is a strength that I will continue to use and build upon.

As far as the learning outcomes go I feel that they will be able to help me grow as a student and someone who appreciates literature. They are:

  1. Know basic literary terms and methods
  2. Know basic literary genres and representative texts
  3. Write literary arguments
  4. Engage literature creatively and socially
  5. Use emerging communication tools and pedagogical methods

    By striving to achieve these outcomes throughout the term I believe that they will help me achieve the goals I mentioned earlier. One of the many skills I developed as a missionary was to find out where my strengths and weaknesses are and then consistently plan to and work towards where I want to be. I plan to do the same with my studies by checking where I am at in my progress every day and then setting long term and short term goals. By making steps every day I think that I will be able to effectively accomplish the goals set forth by this class and my personal goals.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Philip!

    I felt the exact same way when I looked at all the skills I saw I lacked. From your post, though, I can tell that you are pretty determined to tackle these challenges in order to really appreciate literature. I hope to do the same! I am sure that with the mindset that you have, you will be able to accomplish your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad someone else felt the way I did haha.

      Delete