Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thoughts on Reading

It may be cliche to say "I love reading," but cliche or not, it's true. We are, however, not only readers, but critics. We are at the age where we need to not only read, but read well. Not only absorb the story, but absorb it and all its hidden meanings. Since there is a certain amount of freedom in our learning this Spring, I plan to achieve the class objectives by my own reading list - books I've wanted to read, but was never able to (until now, that is).


I've never heard anything about this book, but I see it often on bookshelves. I love the title, though. It makes me wonder - where is Mango Street? Who lives there?

 
The movie was awesome, but the book is almost always better. I love the main character's struggle with guilt, belonging, and her expectations and disappointments with herself and the ways of the world
 
A dying man's last words and advice. What would you say? What would you tell everyone?
 
Anyone read these books? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read these books, but I like how you are reading books that you have always wanted to read, but never had time to because of the craziness that is college life. I hope to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of them, never even heard of them! But I'm glad that you will be reading them, make sure to give us an update. I'd like to know if they are worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. College definitely keeps you busy and can cause you to postpone reading for fun, which is no good. Although I haven't read them, the books sound like they will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete