Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Behold, this new and social media

And behold, I say unto you my brethren, how else may a student studying at a university that is choice above all other universities but even still situated across many lands from his family effectively converse  with them if not by new and social media?

Behold I say unto you, nay. A man hath no form of communication and connection to the will of his heart with distant family were it not for facebook, youtube, instagram and blogger.


Yay this is the time in which a man can see the newborn child of his brother within seconds of the baby's birth.

Yay this is the time in which a mother can speak with her eldest daughter face to face while one is at the beach and the other is in the desert.

Yay this is the time in which a loving father can tour his son's apartment without ever having to leave his computer.

Therefore in what ways would this be possible were it not for facebook, facetime, and youtube. Behold, I say unto you, it could not. For without this new and social media, families pulled apart by distance hath no way of feeling connected.

Verily verily I say unto you, that with this, this new and social media of which I speak, families need not be distanced by land or sea or ocean. With this new and social media, time zones doth not interfere. The opening of presents on Christmas morn can be shared throughout the lands. Advice on where to hang decorations need not be given only in person. And when a family falls on bended knee to give thanks, every member of that family may be present, no matter their physical location, if only by new and social media.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome scripture-type writing!! I felt like you made it sound like the scriptures but still gave it a different spin! I also like that you support new media and family because it can in fact be a great tool to stay in touch with those who are many miles away from you. I think media is too often taken down as being a bad thing, when in fact what matters is how we use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, I am SUPER impressed! I didn't envy anyone assigned to write in scripture format - I thought it would be so difficult - but you blew this out of the water. Some good points, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the benefits of social media - I talked about it in my post too. Great job turning it into scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I am grateful for new media for all the reasons you pointed out. I'm glad your post was about all the positives. This was a fun way to write, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'll admit it wasn't easy to keep in the scripture format but I did enjoy writing it!

    ReplyDelete