Friday, June 14, 2013

A learning outcomes review: How did I do?

This post may look a little familiar, but in actuality I've added quite a bit to it. Take a look at a summary of all my blog posts and how they fit in the learning outcomes for English 251. I highlighted all the new stuff in yellow.

Additionally, I was told after the midterm that I should refer more specifically to subgenres which I did in this post, this post, and this post. I was also told to refer more to literary terms which I did in reference to terms used with nonsense literature for my paper.


1.Know basic literary terms and methods 


2.Know basic literary genres and representative texts


3.Write literary arguments

4.Engage literature creatively and socially

5.Use emerging communication tools and pedagogical methods
  • I linked to my personal blog in Analyze Yourself, which is an emerging communication tool.
  • I used videos of spoken poetry in my post Life's not a paragraph...
  • I used video clips from The Dead Poet's Society to make a point about analyzing in my post The Dead Poet's Society.
  • Here are a few posts that I had a good conversation through comments: this one and this one and this one.
  • With the other contributors of this blog, I taught my English class about analyzing fiction through a jeopardy game.
  • Additionally, all the posts I did were on an emerging communication site (this blog).
  • I used color coding in my analysis of The Importance of Being Earnest to help readers understand the quotes.
  • I talked about the benefits of social media in my New Social Media post.
  • I searched for a claim for my paper by looking at past blog posts and comments.
  • I got feedback on my thesis statements for my paper.
  • I color coded this post when I analyzed the poem.
  • I also talked to several people on the phone when getting feedback for my paper

No comments:

Post a Comment