Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's Day

Totally random post! Yay!

Anyway, as you are all aware (or should all be aware) Father's Day is this Sunday.

Father's Day always brings one important issue to mind: what kind of present do I get for my dad? This is especially difficult if your dad is like mine, and already buys himself the things he wants.

And this year I finally came up with the most brilliant (and also hilarious) answer: BOOKS!

Why haven't I thought of this sooner?
(And why is this hilarious, you ask?)
Well, my dad recently admitted he hasn't read a book since high school. In his words, "unless you count the thousands of pages of paperwork I read for work." Sorry Dad, but I don't.

So then comes the harder part - which book do I give him? After some thinking, and combing back through my "read" list on Goodreads, I decided on The Things They Carried. I think it's a topic that he would enjoy enough that he might actually read it. Plus, since I've already read it, we can discuss afterward.

I could probably just get my dad a tie and call it a day, but I think giving him a book is a much more personal gift coming from me. Giving someone a book makes it a gift that you can both participate in, and it's a gift that will last through the years (after all, no one ever throws away books).

What are you guys getting your dads for Father's Day?

1 comment:

  1. You know what I was actually thinking of getting my dad a tie maybe I'll get him a book now, thats a good idea.

    ReplyDelete