Monday, June 3, 2013

Thanks for the feedback!

So after getting some help from my lovely blog readers and other friends on facebook and by other archaic means like the phone, I think I've come up with my thesis for my paper for my English class.

But before that, I thought I'd share how this whole feedback process went.

I posted a blog post with all my thesis statements and then posted a link to it on facebook and asked my friends to offer their opinions.




And wouldn't you know it, a couple of my friends did comment on the blog. And then I got a few more comments from people in my English class. All of which were extremely helpful.




After reading through these and talking to my mom (always a good source for opinions) I decided to stick with the thesis that my sister wrote (Jessica above).


Unlike some children's books that are written specifically to teach, A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh stories are valuable to learners not because of their pristine grammar but because they encourage imagination and thus further cognitive development.

There seemed to be some consensus on moving away from the grammatical incorrectness (not a word) theme and sticking more to comparing Winnie the Pooh to books that are meant to specifically teach children.

No comments:

Post a Comment