Monday, June 10, 2013

The Rough Rough Draft

Hello everyone! So I've drafted part of my paper, and you can check it out here. It is a very rough draft as you will see, but I think that you might still get the sense of where I am planning to take my argument (I hope!) Needless to say that I will be very grateful if you could read through it and give me some feedback on what you think I can improve. To make this a little easier on you, here is a list of things that I am most concerned about:

  • Can you clearly identify my argument and what I plan to talk about?- Okay so I gave a bit of a long introduction to Romanticism because it ties to my thesis, but do you think it is too long? Do you think that works for the paper?

  • Are my paragraph to paragraph transitions clear? Does my paper flow so far?

  • Are my thoughts well put together and coherent?

  • Is my style fitting of an academic paper?
If you find anything that you think needs tweaking outside of this, though, please let me know!
Also I wanted to include an outline of my paper, just in case you wanted to see where I was going with it.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Sined,

    I'm identifying your thesis as "for instance, when looking at romantic literature, it is important to consider the elements that may affect the effectiveness of the analytical tool." Is that correct?

    I think it would be beneficial to state your stance right there, such as "in romantic poetry, it is not appropriate to use in-depth analysis because the original meaning is lost. I will be demonstrating this in this paper by analyzing Wordsworth's..." Right now the thesis is stated in a vague way that makes it unclear exactly what you will be arguing and exactly what the "elements" are you're referring to.

    I also think it might be beneficial to the structure to move some of your history and definitions of the romantic period into the introductory paragraph.

    Other than that I think you have great transitions and I like the wording and arguments in paragraph 4.

    ReplyDelete